Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm on a savings HIGH!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Okay, so Garage Saling today was a bust. We knew it was going to rain, but didn't think people would actually BACK OUT of the garage sales they had already applied for permits for, but whatever - we will try it again in a couple of weeks.

Instead, we decided to spend an hour or so at Kohl's because of the coupons that we had accumulated in the last couple of weeks. Here's how it came out for me:
1 shirt for Easter Sunday $38 on sale for $21.99
1 set of summer pajamas for my toddler $20 on sale for $9
1 blingy ring $20 on sale for $7.99 + 20% off of jewelry = $6.39
1 fabric hair flower $10 on sale for $4.50
TOTAL: $88 on sale for $41.88
$10 off coupon = $31.88
15% off total purchase coupon = $4.79
Kohl's tax free (9%) savings = $2.44
TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE: $26.68

It states right on my receipt that I saved $63.35. So basically, I got my four items for LESS than the retail price of my shirt, or for roughly the retail price of toddler pajamas. WHAT?! As the lady on the IKEA commercial says, "START THE CAR!"

In recent months, Kohl's has saved me more money than any other store that I frequent. Of course, I frequent a lot of discount stores like Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx, so it is often difficult to pinpoint exactly how much you saved off of retail prices, but I'm sure it is always significant. However, my savings at Kohl's is written in black and white on my receipt and I am on a high!!

Good Friday was GREAT Friday this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment