Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Let your creative side out!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hello! Sorry I haven’t written in a few days, but I don’t like to write just to write. My goal is to write things that will be of true value to you.

So, yesterday, my sister and I decided to take a trip to Hobby Lobby. It had been a few weeks since we had both been in, and we wanted to see everything in the whole store.

We browsed aisle-by-aisle, and we were both so impressed with the selection and variety, as well as the sales they were offering. About half of the store was on sale, and I am confident that the other half will be on sale next week! Hobby Lobby is really great about their sale items.

We were both looking for inexpensive ways to spruce up items that we already have in our homes. For example, I purchased a few drawer pulls that were ½ off, and the new pulls give the appearance of refurbished nightstands or nightstands that got a little “face lift”! I’m really happy with the result, and it only cost me around $5!

As a busy mom with a busy family, I began a habit years ago that has worked well and keeps me from following behind everyone, folding and refolding towels. I purchase attractive, decorative hooks that hang in the bathroom, usually at two different levels (Daddy’s is tall, Mommy’s is short) for hanging towels. The appearance is appealing and the labor is quick and easy. Instead of folding your towel in thirds, you simply hang the center of your towel on a hook. The towels dry more thoroughly and I don’t find myself fixing everyone’s towels because they’re crooked or hurriedly folded. So, I purchased a couple of hooks for our guest bathroom/Emily’s bathroom so that I can start moving toward redecorating that bathroom. The hooks were less than $2 after the 50% off sale. Score!

Hobby Lobby has also introduced something that is new to me. In each aisle, there are inspirational pamphlets that are free for the taking. These pamphlets highlight merchandise that Hobby Lobby carries regularly, and what you can do with these items. Everyone has ideas and concepts floating around in their mind, but it is so refreshing to see what someone else has come up with. I picked up about 10 inspirational pamphlets and will put my own personal spin on some of their ideas. Instead of feeling “stuck,” I feel more creative and motivated to try some of their suggestions.

As always, if you are a member of Hobby Lobby’s email distribution list, you can preview the coming week’s sales on Sundays. They also send a coupon that is usually 40% off one regularly priced item. Although I primarily purchase things that are ½ off or clearance, it is nice to take the coupon with you JUST IN CASE you can’t live without something that isn’t on sale while you’re there.

We always try to find the best way to create what we want without spending a lot of money, and Hobby Lobby is our go-to destination for help with our projects. Bows, quilts, dresses, wall-hangings, décor, home fragrance, and party decorations are on the short list of things that we shop Hobby Lobby for on a regular basis.

You will be so excited and proud of yourself when you make something with your own hands and see how beautifully it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment