Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Real Bruiser!

May 4, 2010

Sorry I’ve been away for so long! This weekend was a real doozie!

My husband went out-of-town Saturday morning for a short visit to New Mexico with family. He was scheduled to return Sunday evening. Saturday afternoon was filled with fun shopping and lunch with Emily and my sister, Jourdan. My sister and her husband spent Saturday night at our house along with their black lab, Toby.

Because Toby was asleep in the guest room and our two chocolate labs, Libby and DJ were asleep in our room, I decided to close the bedroom door to keep the dogs from romping around and waking the baby during the night. To make a VERY long ordeal short, our room was very dark and I tripped over one of the dogs at 4am, turning my knee into a black and blue baseball. Accompanied with a sexy black eye, (I hit the playpen on the way down) I was looking really good by 7am when Emily woke up.

Around 10:00am, the swelling was continually increasing, and would not go down no matter what I did.

Jourdan and I decided it was time to take a little trip to the Emergency Room – the first of my adult life. We do not have an ER in Wylie where we live, so we prepared to make the 30 minute drive to Medical Center of Plano. Then, I remembered that there was a brand new medical center about 15 minutes away in Richardson.

Richardson Regional Medical Center, here we come!

Why am I telling you all of this stuff? Because our experience at Richardson Regional was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! We arrived and checked in at 10:30, were admitted to a room at 10:35, and we were seen immediately. I was the only patient in the ER, and nurses were FIGHTING each other to take my blood pressure or my temperature.

Talk about service! I was x-rayed in my room immediately after being evaluated. The x-rays were reviewed about 10 minutes later and my x-rays were normal. I was given an injection for pain, fitted with crutches and my knee was wrapped by one of the nurses. They were incredibly caring, gentle, and speedy with their procedures. We were getting back in the car at 11:30 – only ONE HOUR in the Emergency Room!

I was so impressed with the quality of care, and the overall appearance of the medical center. There was not ONE SPECK of dust or dirt on anything, anywhere! It is a relatively new facility, and appears to be very well taken care of.

If you have access to Richardson Regional Medical Center, located at President George Bush Tollway (Hwy 190) and Renner Road, I highly recommend that you choose their facility over any other. We will continue to keep them in mind should we need emergency care in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment