Monday, May 31, 2010

We Won!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

So this is fun!

I am a “fan” of Cotton Candy Shop on Facebook. The owner of the business, Lauren, was running a fun contest earlier this month to celebrate her two year anniversary. She asked that anyone interested in participating submit a photograph of their baby/child with a sign that read “I Love Cotton Candy Shop,” “Cotton Candy Shop Rocks” and the like.

With the help of my sister, we were able to create this photograph:















Everyone participating would receive a free headband and bow, and the winner of the most creative “sign” won a little something special in addition to their new headband. Well, WE WON! Can you believe it?! Of all of the precious babies with their signs, and all of the sweet pictures, Emily’s photograph was chosen. I feel more than honored to have the most creative picture, and I feel even more honored to sport some of Lauren’s beautiful work.

I recently purchased a tutu from Lauren, as well, to support a young child with Cystic Fibrosis. We are waiting with bated breath for the arrival of our new Ginger Blue Tutu, and we couldn’t be MORE excited to wear it! I speak for Emily, of course – she is excited, I promise!!

Having said all of this, I am a huge supporter of small businesses, and I often encourage you to do the same. Please visit Lauren’s website and see her beautifully unique artistry. There are many ways on her website to become a model for her shoots, and get involved with her work. She has found a wonderful way to stay home with her children while finding a very successful outlet for her creativity.

If you are a member of Facebook, simply search Cotton Candy Shop and become a fan. This will allow you to see any specials or fun contests that she is currently running. Doesn’t it just make you want to eat an entire bag of cotton candy?! Maybe it’s just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment