Sunday, March 21, 2010

Babycenter.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The first thing my OB/GYN said to me when I became pregnant was, "Stay off of the Internet! It will drive you crazy!" Well, of course, I couldn’t listen...totally. So, to follow his advice as best I could, I was very selective about the websites that I patronized. I found one website to be knowledgeable, user-friendly, and welcoming. Baby Center!

BabyCenter is such a wonderful website for women trying to conceive, women struggling to conceive, expectant mothers, mothers who have miscarried, and mothers of children of all ages. If you are interested in signing up, you input your due date and BabyCenter will send you a weekly email about your child's development. My favorite, by far, was the earliest weeks of pregnancy when so much of your baby's development is occurring. I knew when she got her fingerprints, when she was the size of a peach pit and when she had color to her eyes. It was so comforting, and exciting to know every step as it occurred.

Now that I am the Mom of an older, growing child, I am often asking myself questions like, "Why is she refusing to let me hold her spoon?" "Why is she having difficulty napping?" "Is this normal?" "Is that normal?" And before I know it, my weekly email from BabyCenter pops up and they are SPOT ON with her development. It is so comforting to know that your baby is developing much like other babies their age.

Another favorite facet of BabyCenter is the "birth month club." You can read funny threads, or serious ones, written by mothers who are due to deliver in the same month as you. My all-time favorite threads were the "confessions" that people wrote about their daily occurrences. "I drank a mountain dew and my baby is bouncing around in there like crazy." "I wanted to attack the cashier at Taco Bell because he was slow to give me my gorditas." DOESN'T IT JUST MAKE YOU WANT TO GO READ SOME?! They are so funny!

I also had the opportunity to sign up for many email coupons and values through BabyCenter's advertisements. They offer so many fabulous deals for parents, and they just pop up before your eyes!

Check out BabyCenter and you are sure to find great deals, find a "home" on the Internet, and find a good belly laugh when you visit!

Visit Lindsay Walker's Piano and Voice Studio. You KNOW you want to!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Baby Center! I registered there when we were trying to get pregnant with Parker. Then, when we found out about Graham I added him in there too! Such a great website! And, it STILL sends me notes weekly on both boys developmental stages etc!

    ReplyDelete