Monday, March 1, 2010

Saving at the Grocery store

Friday, February 25, 2010

Let’s talk bargains! My favorite subject!! I am always looking for steals and clearance items. This week, I found my deals at Target – my home away from home. I noticed that they had replaced the “holiday aisles” (I’m waiting impatiently for them to unveil Global Bazaar) with a new concept that involves a consolidated section for clearance and some weekly specials. I don’t normally mess around with 30% off bargains, as I’d rather they quit messing around and give me the 75% off that they are going to eventually get to. However, for the past 2 weeks, Target has had their signature brand, Market Pantry 100% Pure Apple Juice on clearance for $2.08 for a two-pack of 64oz. bottles. I decided that $1.04 for a bottle of apple juice is a very good deal – rivaling the savings that you find when you buy concentrate. So…I bought a few! The juice is regularly inexpensive at around $4 for a two-pack, but I’ll take whatever savings I can get, especially since we’ve been drinking apple juice like it’s youth serum around here!

The other item that I found to be a particularly good savings was an economy-size box of Nabisco Triscuits. The box contains (4) bags of Triscuts for $4.18. When a box of crackers runs me nearly $3, I found $1 per bag to be a real savings. Happy shopping!

1 comment: