Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fresher Produce!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Do you buy a lot of produce? I know I do! It seems like I always need to run to the store for some fresh romaine lettuce or a purple onion.

Things like carrots and onions seem to last longer in the refrigerator than grapes or tomatoes, but I have a solution that will help your produce stay fresh longer and keep you from having to throw out ripened fruits and vegetables.

Forever Bags are an As Seen On TV item, but they are available in most stores like Wal-Mart and Target. I, personally, purchase my Forever Bags at Big Lots. They are $4.00 for 16 bags ~ 8 - 9”x15” bags and 8 – 12”x17” bags.

Here’s how they work: Forever bags are made of an all-natural and environmentally friendly material. Fruits and vegetables exude ethylene gases as they ripen, and Forever Bags absorb and remove these gases, thus slowing the ripening and aging process.

The bags have proven to slow the ripening of my fruits and vegetables significantly. I am able to reuse the bags, preventing the inevitability of purchasing more bags. You will find that you can keep your fruits and vegetables fresh for a considerable amount of time, giving you the opportunity to eat them until they are gone, instead of throwing them out and buying fresh. Give them a try, Forever Bags are a great trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment