Saturday, March 27, 2010

Save-A-Lot

Saturday, March 27, 2010

So…Save-A-Lot was a no-go. I decided to venture out yesterday, load up the baby, and drive across two cities to save some money on my groceries. My experience was unusual, to say the least.

I wasn’t able to complete my whole grocery list which was frustrating. They did not have any romaine lettuce, their assortment of meats was slightly creepy, and I was dissatisfied with their selection of toothpaste, to name a few. Selection was, in fact, a huge issue for me. There was often no variety to choose from.

The store was small, offering significantly fewer products than a typical grocery store. There is no bakery, and no deli.

I am not interested in being bombarded with sales associates and their questions, but it is always nice to know that they’ve seen you come in. No one spoke with me the entire time I was in their store (roughly an hour). I would have appreciated a, “are you finding everything ok today?” or “how are you today?”

Shortly after I arrived at Save-A-Lot, they launched a soup kitchen of sorts in the front of the store between the check-out and the produce. The entire situation was awkward and uncomfortable for me, and several other shoppers that were purchasing groceries around the same time.

Having said all of this, I will probably not be returning to Save-A-Lot. I am, however, EXTREMELY excited about visiting my new Aldi store when it opens on April 22nd. I have heard great things about this store, mostly from my Aunt, who shops at Aldi regularly. She mentioned to me that they stand behind each and every product that they carry. If you are dissatisfied with a product, Aldi will reimburse you for DOUBLE the retail price of the item. What a great way to demonstrate their dedication to superior products! Visit ALDI to find the store nearest you!

Just a tiny reminder – World Market sent an email this morning boasting 25% off Easter items. World Market is a GREAT place to find unusual toys that your kids are sure to love. Finish up those Easter Baskets for less!

No comments:

Post a Comment